So, how long do you need to cook cannabutter in a crockpot? Those who are making cannabutter in a crockpot for the first time are often perplexed with this question.
Cannabis can provide many benefits if you know how to consume it in the proper quantity and don’t take it frequently.
It is also used in medicine as a sleep aid to treat cancer symptoms. Food with marijuana, such as crockpot canna butter, may provide beneficial nutrients to the body, such as vitamin C, vitamin K, minerals, and fiber.
So how long do you cook cannabutter in a crockpot? Let’s find out in the article below and have yourself a tasty dish.
What Is Crockpot Cannabutter?
True to its name, it is a combination of cannabis and butter to make cannabis edibles. You can sometimes encounter people using this kind of spice in baking cookies, brownies, or even Mac and Cheese to increase the content of fat in these dishes.
In a recipe using a crockpot instead of simmering in a pan, you do not need to decarboxylate your weed in the oven before mixing it with the butter.
When the marijuana is heated, it generates THC, a chemical responsible for a high in your brain. THCA can not be entirely converted to THC when merely simmered with butter. It will reduce the activeness of the cannabis compounds.
The heat in the crockpot will help you shorten the decarboxylation and increase the chlorophyll content of your crockpot butter weed, which will improve the quality of the meal more than a regular crockpot cannabutter recipe.
How Long To Cook Cannabutter In Crockpot?
How long does it take to cook cannabutter? This process will depend on your main ingredient – cannabis, whether you are using pre-decarb cannabis flower or non-decarb.
If you proceed with pre-decarb cannabis butter, the decarboxylation process will take about 40 to 1hour at 245°F in the oven. Then you will need 4 hours to have the crockpot canna butter completely cooked.
As for non-decarb cannabis flowers, cannabutter cook time will be at least 7 to 8 hours. It takes twice as long as the recipe in which you have to decarboxylate the bud first.
The cannabutter cooker procedure will require 11 to 14 hours if you use a slow cooker instead of a crockpot, depending on the type of weed flowers.
Make sure to start the temperature for cannabutter on low heat for 20 to 30 minutes, then continue to cook it on very low heat for the following several hours. You do not want it to get too dry or get burned. Or you’ll end up with a bitter taste.
We recommend choosing non-decarb cannabis flowers. Although it might take a long time to prepare, you will not have to worry about the temp to cook cannabutter as much throughout the cooking process as you would with pre-decarb cannabis.
Plus, you would not want to experience unexpected marijuana smoke in your house full of children coming from the oven. This method can both keep the product’s active compounds and boost the “green” flavor.
How To Make Delicious Cannabutter In Crockpot?
How to make cannabutter in crockpot? Easy-peasy! Let’s see what do we need to make this delicious recipe:
- 15 grams of Cannabis flower/trim/shake
- 460 grams of Unsalted butter
- A grinder
- A crockpot
- A glass jar
- A filter or a cheesecloth
The quality of your product is mostly determined by the cannabis you use. Choose high-quality weed. Weed made with trim or shake can lead to bitterness. We recommend using a grinder kief or simply quality cannabis flower.
Here are four easy steps to have a tasty jar of cannabutter:
- Fill half of your glass jar with water and place it in the pot over high heat.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and grind the cannabis flower. To reduce the smell when cooking cannabutter in a crock pot, carefully seal the lids when placing them in glass jars.
- Place the glass jar in the crockpot. Keep the heat low for the first two hours and then very low for the next 4-6 hours. Open after 1 hour of heating and mix to ensure that the butter and marijuana blend well.
- Remove the glass jar after 6-8 hours, when the liquid has turned a dark green hue and set it aside to cool for a few minutes.
- To remove any excess weed, strain the mixture through a strainer. Filter one more time through the cheesecloth to ensure your product is free of any tiny residue.
Refrigerate your final dish for a few hours to harden it, and you are ready to go!
How To Preserve Crockpot Cannabutter?
Your cannabutter deteriorates if not stored properly. Here are some tips to help you keep it tastier and longer:
- After taking enough cannabutter, immediately store it back in the refrigerator to prevent moisture and ambient temperature from spoiling it.
- Remember to close the lid tightly so that the cannabis smell does not affect the smell of other foods in the refrigerator and prevents bacteria from decreasing the quality of the food.
- Store in clean glass jars instead of plastic containers to extend shelf life up to 7 months.
Some Notes When Consuming Crockpot Cannabutter
To avoid cannabis residues accumulating in your jar and producing side effects, make sure you strain it thoroughly. Strain it the first time with the filer and the cheesecloth for the second time.
Take A Small Bite
When using crockpot butter for the first time, take a tiny amount, around ½ teaspoon, and try it with something like a snack, a Cuban bread, or its substitutes. If your body is still normal after 1-2 hours, you may increase the amount the next time you use it.
Leave The Crockpot With The Decarboxylation
As mentioned above in the article, we recommend you to decarb weed in crockpot. Not only does it increase the flavor of the cannabutter, but it also activates the cannabis compounds.
Do Not Misuse
Make sure where you live, it is legal to use marijuana. And the cannabutter in crockpot should not be considered a substitute for any kind of medical treatment.
Knowing how long to cook cannabutter in crockpot is quite helpful to get such a delicious addition to your cookies and brownies.
However, remember to use it in a sufficient amount to avoid unexpected effects on your brain. Use a high child-proof jar and label them to prevent your kids from eating it.