Reheating seems easy and effortless, but in truth, it takes more effort than how much we usually think it would take.
There are several tips you should know and learn for a good reheating process that ends up with a perfect food outcome.
Today, let’s explore how to reheat burrito – a Mexican classic we all love!
What Is A Burrito?
A burrito is a classic Mexican dish containing many signature ingredients, including a flour cover called a tortilla, wrapped into a sealed cylindrical shape around the fillings, and the fillings which contain meat and vegetables.
These fillings usually four main layers of food: A kind of meat like pork, beef, chicken, etc.; a variety of mixed vegetables like tomato, carrot, lettuce, etc.; a layer of rice or beans act as the base, and the last layer of condiments like salsa, guacamole, avocado, etc.
A burrito is commonly served grilled or steamed to ensure the flavors combine to deliver their best.
The grilled and steamed burrito also makes the outcome more pliable, allowing the tortilla to toughen enough to hold such a large number of fillings inside.
You can eat burritos with your bare hands, which is the best way to use them since you can enjoy the harmonious combination of the ingredients all at once.
If you want to enjoy burritos in a finer way, you can purchase wet burritos in restaurants, where chefs spray burritos with a special sauce, and you can enjoy it with a fork and a knife rather than dirtying your hands.
Burritos are often misleadingly recognized as its siblings, tacos, since these two dishes both consist of a flour wrap with fillings inside
However, tacos’ tortilla is folded in half around the ingredients while burritos wrap up everything. This difference is where you can differentiate burritos from tacos.
How To Reheat Burrito?
How To Reheat Burrito In Oven?
Suppose you ask any burrito chef how to reheat a burrito. In that case, the answer will be: “In the oven”
Even the leading chef in Mexican cuisine, Katsuji Tanabe, also advises anyone who wants to reheat burritos to use the oven because it is the most straightforward way and the outcomes are ensured to be wonderful.
Reheating burritos in the oven will keep the tortilla soft, avoiding sogginess while the fillings remain moist and stay intact. Everything will be delicious as it was when you ate it for the first time.
- Prepare your oven by preheating it to 225 F degrees, which is the right temperature to reheat any food, such as reheating shrimps, for example.
- Take the leftover burrito and use aluminum foil to wrap it in.
- Put the wrapped burrito on a plate into the oven. Set the time limit to 30 minutes. It takes such a long time compared to reheating a burrito in the microwave, but trust me; you will get back what you deserve for waiting a little bit longer.
- When the time is up, get the burrito out of the oven. You can use oven mitts in this step to prevent self-burning. Slightly open the wrap to see if the burrito has been cooked.
If you have a cooking thermometer, you can poke it in the middle of the burrito and see if its internal temperature is 160-165 Fahrenheit degrees.
If it is, then you can unwrap the burrito and take a bite of that yummy meal. Otherwise, you have to put it back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
How To Reheat A Burrito In The Microwave
When you don’t have an oven, it’s perfectly fine to use the microwave. We all have a microwave in our house, and it is super effective in reheating food if you have the right techniques.
Although the quality of oven-reheated burritos will be better than microwave-reheated burritos, Your burritos can still turn out to be delicious. Let us show you how to microwave a burrito without affecting your favorite dish.
- Taking burrito out of the refrigerator. Take the instant thermometer and some water.
- Use a microwave-safe plate or bowl and put the meal in.
- Spray a little bit of water on top of the tortilla to make the burrito moist while being heated at a high temperature.
- Microwave the burrito for 1 minute.
- When done, flip the burrito to the other side and moist it with water as you did in the previous step. Continue to microwave again for 1 minute.
- Gently remove the burrito from the microwave and use an instant thermometer to poke in the middle of the burrito.
Note: If you find the temperature hits 165 F degrees, then it is edible at the moment; or else put it back in the microwave for another 1 minute.
How To Reheat A Burrito With Sour Cream
The best way to reheat a burrito with sour cream is the same when you reheat a burrito in the oven.
However, there are two options you can choose when you reheat a wet burrito. First, you can reheat your burrito like how you did with an ordinary burrito, or you can separate the fillings and reheat it, then put it back in the tortilla.
However, it is usually difficult to scoop out the fillings without damaging the burrito. So, it is recommended that you leave the filling inside and reheat the whole burrito.
- Prepare your oven by preheating it to 225 F degrees.
- Take the leftover burrito and use aluminium foil to wrap it in.
- Put the wrapped burrito on a plate into the oven. Set the time limit to 30 minutes.
- When the time is up, get the burrito out of the oven. You can use oven mitts in this step to prevent self-burning.
- Slightly open the wrap to see if the burrito has been cooked. If you have a cooking thermometer, you can poke it in the middle of the burrito and see if its internal temperature is 160-165 Fahrenheit degrees.
How To Reheat A Burrito On The Grill
You may find it inconvenient to use the grilling method to fire up a burrito.
However, the grilling method is one of the best ways to reheat meat, such as reheating fried chicken, because it can lock the food’s moisture in while making the surface more crunchy and full of spices!
If you have an outdoor party and suddenly crave a burrito or make burritos at the party, then grilling them is a cool method.
Keep in mind that grilling burritos take time, so this method is not an option if you are in a rush. Otherwise, if you want to experience a cool way to eat a burrito, then here are five steps on how to heat up a burrito on the grill.
- Light half the grill and place one side of the burrito on the grill. Leave it grilled for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes, repeat on the side of the burrito.
- If you have a cooking thermometer, you can poke in the middle of the burrito and see if its internal temperature is 160-165 Fahrenheit degrees.
Your burrito will be ready once it hits 165 degrees Fahrenheit. On the other hand, if it is not, leave it on the grill for 15 more minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
At What Temperature Do You Reheat Burritos?
Depending on what method you are using to reheat the burrito, you will have different temperatures for reheating the burrito.
In the oven, the perfect temperature to reheat the burrito is 225 degrees Fahrenheit. Bear in mind that you can always change the oven’s temperature to cook something at 350 instead of 400.
In the microwave, the temperature is assigned automatically by the machine, so you only need to determine the time, which is usually 2-3 minutes.
On the grills, make sure that the temperature doesn’t go too high, or else you will burn the burrito.
How Do You Store Breakfast Burritos In The Fridge?
Breakfast burritos are an incredible go-to thought to stock in your cooler. As you stuff each morning meal burrito, the best way to keep it fresh all the time is by using foil or food paper.
If you are more careful, name your burrito with the fixings and date and pack everything into a huge zip sack for simple stockpiling in your refrigerator or cooler.
And that’s everything you should know on how to reheat burrito. It’s very straightforward to reheat a burrito, despite what techniques you use. We hope you can have the best burrito reheated by yourself.
Have a tasty meal, and we will see you soon!