Dinner Rolls are gaining the most popularity in the US. It is a combination of small loaves of bread (rolls) stuck out together.
There is nothing better than having hot rolls with some spaghetti or lasagna. However, people usually wonder: “How to reheat dinner rolls correctly ?”
We have found out the best recipes for you, which means that you can still enjoy the freshness of the rolls even when they are reheated.
This article will describe in detail the tips on heating the rolls.
There are four ways to warm up our dinner rolls. All of these methods are easy-oriented so that you can do it yourself at home.
How To Reheat Dinner Rolls In The Oven?
Using a microwave oven is the best way to reheat rolls. When you apply this method, the dinner rolls will taste as good as new baked ones: soft, warm, and fluffy.
What you need:
- A pastry brush
- A mini bowl
- A baking tray or a sheet pan
- Leftover dinner rolls
- Melt the butter and then put it into the bowl.
- After that, use the brush to spread a thin layer of butter on the surface of the rolls. You can also add some salt or garlic powder if desired.
- Place the leftover rolls in the baking tray.
- Put the tray on the oven, set the timer for 7 – 10 minutes, and bake at 350°F.
Note: Make sure that the rolls are placed tightly together in the tray. This is because separating the rolls will allow too much hot wave that will dry out the cakes, resulting in hard and crispy rolls.
After baking, you should let the oven lid open for 1-2 hours to flow out the heat and smell.
How To Reheat Rolls In Microwave?
If you are a time-saver, the microwave will be the optimal choice.
Not only can the microwave heat inside, but it also can warm up the outer of the cakes. The only drawback of this method is that the rolls can be tough when heated for an extended period.
What you need:
- Microwave-safe plate
- Tea towel, paper towel
- Leftover rolls
- Wrap each roll in a damp paper towel.
- Place the wrapped rolls on the plate.
- Cover the whole plate with a dry tea towel.
- Microwave for 30-45 seconds, and then carefully remove the rolls using baking gloves.
Note: If paper towels are not available, use a kitchen towel instead. Furthermore, it is highly recommended that dinner rolls shouldn’t be warmed up once reheated since the bread will lose its initial flavor.
How To Reheat Homemade Yeast Rolls Using Slow Cooker?
This method helps the buns stay in hot condition for a long period. This is also an ideal solution if you don’t want to get burned.
What you need:
- Kitchen or tea towel
- Leftover dinner rolls
- Place a moistened kitchen towel at the bottom of the cooker.
- Put the rolls on the towel.
- Cover them with another layer of moistened towel. This prevents the steam from dripping onto the rolls so they won’t be soggy.
- Lock the cooker lid and run on Low mode for 30 minutes.
- After the rolls are heated, switch to Warm mode until the top towel is dry. This mode will make the rolls softer.
Note: Do not use the Cooking Mode (the High mode) as it will blaze the edges of the rolls. While the cooker is still in progress, avoid opening the lid as the heat will come out, and the rolls will take longer to be heated.
After taking the bread out, you took the towel away and cleaned the cooker with wet paper.
How To Reheat Bread Rolls In Air Fryer?
Heating bread rolls in an air fryer is an effortless way. This method is best used when you have a limited amount of bread as the fryer is smaller than the oven.
What you need:
- Pastry brush
- Baking paper (optional)
- Leftover rolls
- To reheat dinner rolls in air fryer, preheat the air fryer at 320°F in 3 minutes to ensure that the machine is ready to use.
- Put the baking paper on the bottom of the fryer. It will prevent the rolls from sticking in the bed.
- Use the brush to spread oil onto the surface of the rolls.
- Place the rolls nicely in the fryer.
- Set the timer at 2-3 minutes at 320°F.
Note: Spraying oil is evitable when using an air fryer as it keeps the rolls soft and fluffy. Besides oil, melted butter is also a decent alternative. It is up to individual preference.
- When you are setting up for a huge party, it is advisable that you reheat 3-4 rolls on trial. This will ensure that the machines operate smoothly and the temperature is suitable for the bread.
- Ovens, microwaves, and kitchen stoves are hot electric devices. Protect your hands from getting burned by wearing gloves when taking the bread out.
- Some melted butter, herbs, or garlic powder will give more depth to your old rolls, making them feel like real homemade cuisine.
You can also utilize these methods for reheating the croissants and leftover grits as well. The only differences among these recipes are the time and temperature.
How To Store Dinner Rolls?
It is better when we heat and serve dinner rolls right away. In case you can not end up eating the rolls in one, there are some solutions to tackle this problem:
Freeze The Rolls
To do this, you wrap the yeast rolls in a food storage bag or cover each roll in aluminum foil. Then we put it into the freezer.
The rolls can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months without being spoiled. This is the most sustainable method for food preservation.
It is urgent that we don’t put the rolls into the cooler because it will hydrate the rolls and make them sour faster.
The way how to reheat frozen rolls is similar to reheating leftover rolls. We only need to raise the temperature and lengthen the time.
Put Them Tightly In A Box
After heating up dinner rolls, we can store them in a plastic container for three to five days. Make sure that you wrap them in a plastic storage bag to prevent moisture and the intervention of insects.
After the rolls are fully covered, put them in a dry place at room temperature. It could be the pantry, the top shelf, or the countertop.
Take note that the maximum storage time in a box is five days. After that period, the rolls will pass their prime, and we’ll have to put it away.
Mark The Shelf Life
In case you forget the exact time you cook them, use a marker pen to label the cooking date of the buns. In addition, we should write down the date as specific as we can and put them in the most noticeable place. It is better than never!
Bonus tip: If we tend to eat in one day, we can pack the heated rolls in a warm towel. Otherwise, we can place them in the oven, and they can retain the warmth for a long period.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Reheat Rolls Without Drying Them Out?
Once reheated, the rolls are likely to be dry or even burned if not watched out carefully. There are two options that we can utilize to keep the rolls moisture:
The first option is to wrap them in aluminum foil separately. The foil will prevent the dry wave from penetrating into the bread.
Another simple way is to spread a thin layer of olive oil throughout the surface of the rolls. The condensed texture of the oil will remain the softness of the rolls.
Furthermore, we should also check up on the bread while being reheated. If the oil is too little, it will evaporate quickly, and we’ll have to add another layer to the rolls.
How To Reheat Frozen Rolls?
The rolls after being frozen are very hard, so they require a higher temperature and longer warm-up.
- How to reheat texas roadhouse rolls: Texas rolls are 50% larger than the dinner rolls. The optimal solution is to preheat the oven first and then put the rolls on. Remember to raise the temperature and extend the time as the roll size is bigger.
- How to reheat yeast rolls: Remove the frozen rolls out of the wrapping. Let the rolls dry in 2-3 hours, then brush butter and bake for 5 minutes.
How Long Do Dinner Rolls Last?
The freshness of the rolls will vary greatly in different conditions:
- Without preservation: The dinner rolls left exposed to the outdoor environment will last for 1-2 days. This is due to the impact of humidity and high temperature.
- Stored in normal room condition: The rolls will be in good condition for 4-5 days.
- Frozen at 0°F: Under low temperature, all the toxic bacteria are eliminated, the rolls can be stored for up to 3 months.
- Reheated rolls: The bread that has been heated twice will stay for only one day because they spoil faster.
However, we should eat those rolls as soon as possible. The longer they stay, the less delicious they become.
To sum up, there are four ways of how to reheat the dinner rolls:
- The best way: The microwave oven.
- The simplest way: The air fryer
- The fastest way: The microwave
- The safest way: The slow cooker
You can try out all of these methods as they don’t require much equipment and complicated steps. We hope that these tips will help you find the ultimate way to revise your yummy bread.
Thank you for reading this article! If you find our recipes successful, leave your comment below!