If you are here because you are wondering how to thicken pea soup, then you are in luck!
Below, find our suggestions for the best way to thicken soup that will change the way you cook soup from here on out.
How To Thicken Pea Soup?
Purée The Soup
One of the easiest ways to make soup thicker is by puréeing it in a blender. This will enhance the texture and eliminate water; thus, resulting in a thicker soup. It is a simple but effective method and also makes your pea soup have a silky smooth texture.
Is your pea soup is too watery, all you need to do is make a cornstarch slurry.
Simply mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water, and whisk them evenly. Then, add the mixture to the watery pea soup.
Your soup will instantly get thicker, while the flavor stays the same.
Potatoes are the best way to fix watery soup.
You will need to boil one or two potatoes, and after they are cooked, cut them into chunks.
Next, put the potatoes and your soup into a blender and purée until you get the desired creamy level.
More Pea And Vegetables
Cook a variety of vegetables by boiling, such as onion, celery, or carrots. Put all of them into a blender.
Once it is finished blending, mix with the pea soup and stir constantly until thickened.
Cream And Yogurt
A spoon full of cream and yogurt is a great way to thicken soup quickly.
If you add cream or yogurt to your soup, you should not boil it, as they could split the texture of your soup.
You can also thicken soup with flour. Just, simply, add the flour and whisk it evenly. Keep stirring the mixture over medium heat to your desired consistency.
Flour is the last ingredient that you’ll want to use because it will change the texture of the soup. It might also take away the pea flavor, so you’ll have to add more seasonings to bring it back up to flavor.
More Questions You May Like
- How to Soften Brown Sugar Quickly
- Fluffy 6 Ingredient Vegan Pancakes
- Tri-Tip vs Brisket – Understanding the Differences
- The Best Apple Cinnamon Rolls with Apple Pie Filling
- Do Peppercorns Go Bad?
- How Many People Does a Brisket Feed?
- How Long Does Beef Jerky Last After Opening?
- 17 Easy Ideas for What to Serve With Empanadas
- 17 Top Baby Corn Recipes to Prepare as Side Dishes
- What Does a Persimmon Taste Like?
- Is Beef Jerky Keto?
- What Does Sourdough Bread Taste Like?
- Can You Put Toothpicks In An Oven?
- 10+ Unique Sugar Cookie Recipes
- The Best One Pot Rigatoni Meals