If you love easy recipes, then you’ll love these Brown sugar chocolate chip cookies, which are a delicious and classic treat. Made with a combination of brown sugar and white sugar, these cookies are soft and chewy with a rich, caramel-like flavor.
Why You’ll Love These Cookies
These cookies are the ideal treat for the cozy seasons! Whether you’re enjoying the autumn leaves or bundled up in winter, they bring warmth to any holiday gathering. Serve them up and watch the smiles spread!
Plus, the addition of chocolate chips adds a satisfying sweetness and a touch of decadence. These cookies are easy to make and are always a hit with kids and adults… just ask my family.
Whether you’re enjoying them on their own or with a cold glass of milk, brown sugar chocolate chip cookies are a satisfying and yummy treat.
Scroll on down to find the full step-by-step cookie recipe, so you can learn how to make these tasty brown sugar cookies today!
Chewy Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
You’ll love making these small batch chocolate chip cookies with brown sugar to create a chewy and sweet snack that everyone will love.
Keep on reading to learn more about the ingredients you’ll want to have on hand to make these remarkable tasting chocolate chip brown sugar cookies!
The Ingredients for Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
To start making these cookies you’ll need to get gather some ingredients such as brown sugar, sugar, flour, butter, chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, an egg, and baking soda.
- Light-Brown Sugar: You can use dark brown sugar if you prefer, but the cookies may have a stronger taste.
- Granulated Sugar
- All-purpose Flour
- Melted Butter: Make sure to melt and then let cool before adding.
- Chocolate Chips & a Chopped Baking Bar: If you’d like to get gooey chocolate in your cookies, then we recommend using chopped chocolate pieces. The best results come from combining chocolate chips with chopped chocolate.
- Large Egg
- Baking Soda
We love using brown sugar in cookies because it makes the cookies extra sweet and chewy. That means they always taste great!
- Mixing spatula
- Mixing bowl
- Parchment paper: I like to line my cookie sheets with parchment paper for easy clean up after baking.
- Cookie sheet
- Cookie scoop: A cookie scoop is a great tool to have for baking to get evenly sized cookies.
How to Make Chewy Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies (No Chill)
Combine Dry Ingredients
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Next, combine the dry ingredients of the flour, salt, and baking soda in a small mixing bowl.
Add Butter, Sugars, and Egg
In the mixing bowl, mix by hand, the butter and both sugars (brown & white) until fluffy. Add the egg until well combined.
Add Flour and Fold in Chocolate
Gradually add in the flour mixture & mix until the dough is completely combined with no flour visible. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped baking bar. Do not overmix.
Scoop onto Baking Sheet
Using the cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving approximately 2 inches between each scoop.
Bake for 12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before removing them from the baking sheet.
Now the final thing to do is serve them (or eat them all yourself) and enjoy warm with a glass of cold milk!
Common Questions About Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
Below are some common questions that may come up when preparing or making chocolate chip cookies.
Can you use Dark Brown Sugar for Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Yes, you can, but using dark brown sugar when it calls for light will give the cookie a stronger flavor and a darker color.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄3 table salt
- 3⁄4 cup light-brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup melted cooled unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chocolate chip (semi-sweet)
- 4 ounces chopped baking bar
- Mixing spatula
- Mixing bowl
- Parchment paper
- Cookie sheet
- Cookie scoop
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda, and set aside.
- In the mixing bowl, mix by hand, the butter and both sugars until fluffy. Add the egg until well combined.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture & mix until the dough is completely combined with no flour visible. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped baking bar. Do not over mix.
- Using the cookie scoop, scoop dough on the cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before removing and cooling completely.
If desired, cookie dough can be made 24 hours before and stored in the refrigerator. Allow it to come to room temperature for 1 hour before baking.
You can use a hand mixer if desired, but not necessary and may cause over mixing.